Who’s Got The Best COVID-19 Travel Deals?
Most of us are waiting to see some rock bottom prices on travel. But likely this won’t be the case, prices will be average to high for the foreseeable future. Instead the best “deals”, look for how flexible the airlines/suppliers considering how up in the ‘air’ everything is right now. We don’t want to book our trip just to have it cancelled and build up more travel credits. Here are the airlines/suppliers offering the best travel flexibility booking options.
Vacationers who book between now and June 30, 2020, can change their package at no charge up to three days prior to departure including altering their travel dates, hotel and destination*. The tour operator has also modified their cancellation policies, allowing travellers to cancel 25 days or more prior to departure and receive a full refund in the original form of payment**. For even more flexibility, customers can purchase the Worry Free Cancellation Waiver for as low as $49 per person.
Travellers can book with confidence knowing they’re getting the best price for their getaway with Sunwing’s complimentary Price Drop Cash Back included with their reservation at select resorts. Between now and June 30, 2020, customers that book vacation packages to Royalton Luxury Resorts, RIU Hotels & Resorts and other select properties can make a one-time claim to receive up to $800 cash back per couple if the price of their vacation drops. Vacationers are required to register for the program within seven days of booking.
The tour operator is also offering flexible payment options where travellers can book now and pay over time with convenient monthly payment options. Sunwing is also offering reduced deposits of just $100 per person and has reduced the final payment date from 45 days prior to departure to 25 days prior to departure.
Air Canada Vacations:
INTRODUCING THE NEW CAREFLEXPLUS PLAN!
Until May 31, 2020, get our new CareFlexPlus travel protection plan for only $29 (regular price: $59)!
It lets you:
- Transfer your package
- Change your travel plans
- Cancel with a full refund up until 25 days prior to departure
PLUS: Book with a deposit and pay later!That’s right, you don’t need to pay in full right away! Book your escape with a refundable deposit of only $100 per person by contacting your Travel Gurus.
Applicable to: vacation packages in Mexico, the Caribbean, Europe, Canada and the United States
Book by: May 31, 2020
Travel by: April 30, 2021
WestJet Vacations wants you to book with confidence and has implemented the following flexible change policy for vacations booked from March 3 to May 31, 2020 for travel outside December 19, 2020 – January 7, 2021:
- $0 one-time fee waiver for changes or cancellations
- Change or cancel up to 24 hours from departure
- Value of cancelled vacations will be returned in the form of WestJet Dollars, valid for 24 months from the date of issue.
- If you change your vacation, the difference in price will apply if the new package is higher value
Book a flight to any destination or a South package between April 30 and May 31, and if your travel
plans change, no worries, we will waive the change fees.
• You can reschedule your travel for any time within 12 months of your original return date. You can change your
travel dates, hotel or destination—or all three—at no charge up to 24 hours before departure.
If you wish to cancel your trip, we have also relaxed our cancellation terms and conditions:
• South packages and flights in Eco Budget: you will receive a future travel credit, valid for 12 months from your
original return date.†
• Flights in Eco Standard and Club Class: the standard cancellation terms and conditions of these fares will apply.
Or you can opt to receive a future travel credit instead, valid for 12 months from your original return date.†
• Flights in Eco Flex: no cancellation fee required.