Why is travel insurance so important?
Take a moment to see what this insurance covers and the services it provides you and your family.
The cost of this insurance is much less compared to the financial loss you will be protected from if you have to interrupt or cancel your entire trip unexpectedly. The cost of this insurance is also small in comparison to the potential costs of an unexpected medical emergency in a foreign country.
Does your existing coverage offer you these services?
StandbyMD is included with Manulife World Travel Insurance. These Medical Concierge Services are available to you when you travel to the U.S, Mexico or the Dominican Republic and they include:
- Physician Telephonic Consultation 24/7 by a qualified physician
- 24/7 same-day coordination and delivery of lost/forgotten prescription maintenance medication, eye glasses or contact lenses and medical supplies
- 24/7 medical referrals to medical specialists, chiropractors, dentists, walk-in clinics, urgent care centres or hospitals for evaluation and medical treatment
- 24/7 access to physician house call visits in select cities
- Physician Co-Ordination to an Emergency Room
- Consulting Physician will “Fast Track” you through the Emergency Room in select cities
- Consulting Physician will communicate with the hospital to ensure continuity of care
To access these services, simply call the Assistance Centre phone numbers indicated on the wallet card included with the insurance policy.
*Conditions, limitations, and exclusions apply.
Concierge services are always included
Our multilingual Assistance Centre is there to help and support you 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
During Your Trip
- Passport and Visa information
- Currency exchange rates
- ATM locations
- Social protocol in countries to be visited
- Weather information
- Entertainment Planning
- Consulate and Embassy locations
During a Medical Emergency
- Verifying and explaining coverage
- Referral to a doctor, hospital, or other health care providers
- Monitoring your medical emergency and keeping your family informed
- Arranging for return transportation home when medically necessary
- Arranging direct billing of covered expenses (where possible)
Examples of medical claims:**
- A 22 year old suffered injuries during a snowboarding accident in the US. The total claim was $36,000
- A 55 year old suffered a back injury during a diving accident in the Dominican Republic. The total claim was $35,000
- A 70 year old suffered chest pains in California. The total claim was $63,000
Make sure you are covered for unexpected medical expenses and assistance services before you leave home. Ask your Travel Consultant what plan is right for you and your family.
**Actual claims submitted under travel insurance products underwritten by Manulife Financial. Names withheld to protect the privacy of the individual(s).
Did you plan for the unexpected?
Did you pack your flip flops? Your sunscreen? Your travel insurance?
Travel insurance is a travel companion you should choose to help you through unexpected events that may arise before or during your trip.
Emergency medical insurance
Around the world, Manulife World Travel Insurance has been there to help insureds with managed care when necessary in a foreign destination, using the local languages, helping by pre-paying hospital and physician bills where possible. This insurance also helps recovering insureds get back home to their friends and family if it is medically necessary and when it is arranged by our Assistance Centre.
Trip cancellation & interruption insurance
Recent events around the world have caused unexpected travel costs or trip cancellations and interruptions for which some travel insurance provides coverage.
Volcanos affecting worldwide airport traffic, travel supplier bankruptcies, travel advisories and weather conditions are just some of the events that you may have heard about in the news. These events may have caused travellers to pay additional transportation costs, hotel and meal expenses and other unexpected costs, so they could continue their trip or travel back home. These events, and others, are covered, subject to conditions, limitations and exclusions, under Manulife World Travel Insurance.
Other covered events are missed connections due to airline schedule changes, the illness or death of you, your family member, your travel companion or your travel companion’s family member, or even the hospitalization or death of a friend. These are just some of the reasons to protect your trip investment if you have to cancel or interrupt your trip.
Other plans available include coverage for lost or stolen baggage, benefits for meals and necessary items when your checked baggage is delayed more than 10 hours, flight and travel accident and rental vehicle damage insurance.
Our most popular plans summary
INSURANCE BENEFITS & FEATURES
|PLANS||ELIGIBLE AGE*||TRIP CANCELLATION & INTERRUPTION||OUT OF COUNTRY EMERGENCY MEDICAL||BAGGAGE LOSS, DAMAGE & DELAY||FLIGHT ACCIDENT||TRAVEL ACCIDENT|
|All-Inclusive||No maximum||Cancellation: up to covered amount Interruption: unlimited||Up to $5,000,000 with GHIP coverage||Up to $1500 for loss & damage Up to $500 for baggage delay||Up to $100,000 for death or double dismemberment or up to $50,000 for single dismemberment||Up to $50,000 for death or double dismemberment or up to $25,000 for single dismemberment|
|Non-Medical Inclusive||No maximum||Cancellation: up to covered amount Interruption: unlimited||–||Up to $1500 for loss & damage Up to $500 for baggage delay||Up to $100,000 for death or double dismemberment or up to $50,000 for single dismemberment||Up to $50,000 for death or double dismemberment or up to $25,000 for single dismemberment|
|Out of Country Emergency Medical||No maximum||–||Up to $5,000,000 with GHIP coverage||–||–||–|
|PLANS||PRE-EXISTING CONDITION EXCLUSION|
|All-Inclusive||Age 0-74 requires 3 months stability.
Age 75+ requires 12 months stability.
Eligibility Requirements apply
|Trip Cancellation &Interruption||Requires 3 months stability|
|Out of Country Emergency Medical||Age 0-59 requires 3 months stability
Age 60+, stability required is determined by a simple medical questionnaire
* Children must be at least 31 days old
Before you travel, check to ensure you have the coverage and assistance services you need
- If something unexpected were to happen during your trip, do you know who you would call for worldwide assistance?
- If your spouse had an unexpected medical emergency during your trip, would you know who to call for managed care or to arrange an air ambulance to a hospital near home, if necessary? Would hospital bills be paid up front, if possible?
- If you missed a substantial portion of your trip due to bad weather and wanted to return home, would you be reimbursed your unused trip investment, including any insured taxes?
- If you or a family member suddenly became too sick to travel just before your trip, would you be reimbursed by a cheque or just a travel credit voucher for future travel?
- If you needed help in a foreign country, to replace lost credit cards or your passport, would you know who to call for assistance and how to arrange to get you back home, 24/7 with a toll-free call?
Manulife World Travel Insurance provides coverage for these unexpected events and much more.
Ask your Travel Consultant for a travel insurance policy to see the full details.
- Be sure to read your Travel Insurance policy thoroughly to understand your coverage including the benefits, conditions, limitations, and exclusions that may apply to you. The policy contains the full terms and conditions and you should take it with you on your trip.
- When completing your medical questionnaire (if required), you must answer each question accurately and completely. Not sure how to answer a question? Ask your doctor to help you. Answers must be correct on the medical questionnaire as they relate to your medical condition or health history. If any of the answers are found to be incomplete or incorrect, the coverage may be null and void.
- Ask your Travel Consultant what plan is right for you and your family to protect against unexpected financial loss regarding your trip.